Friday, March 9, 2012

My table

A few weeks ago I was out on my run in the neighborhood. It happened to be the week for uncontained trash pick up, so there were lots of random piles of stuff in front of various houses. One such pile I ran by had this pile of wood, pictured below. I stopped to look at it and saw that it was an old gate that had been taken down. I ran straight home, got in my car and went back to the house and loaded up the wood. I knew just what I was going to do with it. I wanted to make a coffee table for the couch in our bedroom. I sanded it down, put some legs on it, then painted it. Sean had to help me stabilize the top piece a bit, but mostly I made it all by myself! I love the end result. I love the look of the wood. I love that it has holes in it and one side is longer and the ends aren't totally straight. I love all the personality it has. And mostly I love that I made it for less than $20!!