Friday, May 7, 2010

Finally it's done!

Remember when I was almost done with projects? Then I realized I had to switch rooms around for the baby. Sean was really excited about this. We took everything out of the workout room and turned half the garage into the new gym. Carter is now residing in his new room; he wanted to decorate with cars. I pretty much had everything on hand, revamped a few things, and bought only a couple of things for the room. The best news was that the room was already painted a grey/blue color so there was no need to repaint!!! I am pretty excited about how it turned out, but the best part is hearing Carter singing in his room "I love my new room, it's the best room ever, my mom made it for me, I love my new room, it's totally awesome."

Get ready for some pictures...

1. I had this picture of my dad, uncle, and great Uncle Johnny in New York in front of some old cars. I blew it up, printed it out, and painted a frame I already had red and there you have it.
2. Carter made sure I took a picture of his new garbage can. He throws everything away in it, even if we are in another room and he has something to throw away he runs to his room.
3. Sean bought this light while he was working/living in Louisiana last year. I painted it red to match the room.
4. Carter really wanted a clock in his room. My mom gave me one she had that was yellow. I painted it red and cut out the car pictures from scrap material and glued them on the clock. I also painted the picture frame below the clock to match.
5. I made the checkered banner for Carter's birthday party and it was the perfect length of one of the walls in his room. The curtains were the ones already in the room. I just glued on some Cars chipboard pieces that I already had to help tie them in.
6. Carter has been asking for his own quilt for awhile now, after watching me make some for his cousins. He loves his that I finally finished for him!
7. I used extra material/ribbon to create a picture board in the room.
8. When Sean and I got married we started collecting license plates from the places we traveled. Perfect for Carter's car room.
9. I bought the two middle signs from Hobby Lobby for 5 bucks, Sean brought the bigger signs home from work. Hensel Phelps is the company Sean works for.
10. My mom bought this trunk for me when I went to college--perfect for holding all of Carter's trucks.
11. A close-up of the quilt and the embroidery work on it.
12. This is my dresser from high school.
13. This might be my favorite part of the whole room. My mom found this Cars piece of material and I bought the wood from Home Depot for 4 bucks and made a frame for it, all by myself!! I bought the tool chest from a garage sale and keep toys in it.
14. The view from the doorway.

12 comments:

Em said...

So awesome! I bet Carter is in heaven. My favorite part is the old school picture of your family. I've wanted to do the same thing for a wall in our place. Nice work!

Unknown said...

awesome job!

Love the picture!

Emily said...

That is the ultimate boy room! I love it. My mom made my entire family pajamas out of that cars material that's in the center of the quilt--I should send Carter Isaac's that are too small now.

ashley said...

WOW!! That looks so cute - Cannon would be in heaven in that awesome Cars room. I love all the little touches you've done to make it really pop. Awesome!

Sandi and Curtis said...

You are so clever! So that is the frame that stuck to the floor!! That was so funny. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica said...

yes, that was the frame Sandi!!

christina said...

Oh, love it!

P.S. - Can you do tutorials or something about what kind of paint to use when you're painting what, etc.? I need help!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I LOVE IT!! It turned out very cute! I love the bed quilt and the wall decorations! It's amazing what paint can do. The best thing is you didn't have to spend much money. That was also my favorite part of Madison's room. I had everything except the paint, and the material for bedding. I am sure Carter loves the room. I love that he loves the garbage can.
p.s. I'm glad we made the picture board. hahaha

Unknown said...

so cute! Turned out great! I love the picture of Carter on his bed....you can just feel how excited he is! Good job. WEndy

Lindsey Lundeen Crosland said...

what a great room! awesome job Jess!

russandkatie said...

so cute, good job!!!

trublubyu said...

so cute!! rees would love this- i'm trying to decide if i want to show him these pics or not. i know if i do, i will be in for a project.