Thursday, August 28, 2008

Run for Nie

I know many of us have heard this family's story and the situation they are in. I am not sure why this family that I do not know has had such an impact on me. I had some time to think on my 3.5 hour drive to work this morning and was thinking about why this was impacting me so much. I realized that I have learned a great lesson from their accident. I have learned that I take too many things for granted; my loving husband who supports me in all I do-do I return the favor to him? My two year who has such a love of life-do I share his love of life or am I too impatient at times? Do I recognize what a great family I have that supports me in so many ways (taking care of Carter on a daily basis to name one!)? I realized I take it all for granted. I have been blessed in so many ways and do not show appreciation to those around me or to my Heavenly Father. The lesson I learned from the Nielson family has compelled me to want to help them in some way. I found this "Run for Nie" today and am definitely going to do it. It is still in the planning stages but check it out and let me know if you want to do it too. I cannot imagine what they will face in the next year but I hope that in some small way the sacrifices I will make to train for the run and then complete the run will help. 

1 comment:

Honey Girl said...

Hi Jessica, you don't know me, but I'm a friend of Jen Houston's from when she live in St. Johns. I've been going through her blogroll trying to get a feel for who is posting on her blog, and came across yours. (She asked me to contribute a long time ago, but I never did because I though everyone else knew eachother and i didn't) When I read your post about Stephanie, I couldn't believe what a small world we live in. Their plane when down right here in my hometown. Theirs is such a heart-breaking but at the same time inspirational story. Are you still planning on doing the Run for Nie?